Extendicare Elmwood

Financial Guidance

Where you live, what you pay and what type of programs and services will be available to you, will depend on the province in which you live, your care needs and the personal choices you make.

In Ontario, Community Care Access Centres (CCAC) can assess whether your income can cover the cost of long-term care. Fees are the same across Ontario and are established by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The MOHLTC provides funding for homes and the amount you pay for, depending on your income and accommodation preferences, specifically whether you would like a private or a shared room, is called a co-payment.

If you can’t pay for basic accommodation, you may apply for a subsidy.

Fact Sheet